Episode 1: Motherhood and midlife with Erin Valerio
Becoming a mother is one of the most challenging roles we can take on. And every stage of motherhood is unique and there are plenty of bloggers out there talking about raising young children. But we tend to shy away from sharing the stories of our child once they become teens for many reasons. That doesn't mean that we don't need to hear the stories of other teen moms.
That's why I loved talking with Erin. She's a fellow mother of a teen, in that stage where our buckets are now empty from years of parenting, and crossing our fingers that our kids will be fine. This conversation is for all those moms who are struggling with a loss of identity and facing the teen years. Plus, Erin is one of the funniest people I've ever met.
In this episode
- Becoming a mom in her 30's after struggling with infertility
- Being the safe space for your children
- Feeling drained as a mother and doing more than we can
- Raising teens
- The challenges of being a teen today
- Ya-Ya Sisterhood references